} -->

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

O Captain's Socks! My Captain's Socks!



I visited my brother and sister-in-law in London last week. One afternoon, we hopped a boat to Greenwich where we set our watches to official GMT, looked through one of the largest telescopes in the world, and learned about Britain's great naval hero, Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson. Once we left the Royal Observatory, we moseyed into some shops and discovered Captain's Socks. The red sock identifies Port and the green sock identifies Starboard. Together they identify Christmas. I regret not purchasing them for our boat ride back to the Tower Bridge dock. Nothing happened; I just think they would have been festive.

If you're in the market for Captain's Socks, you can find them at Nauticalia in Greenwich, or purchase them on-line: http://www.nauticalia.com/uk-info/clothing/accessories/captain's_socks/6505.html

If you need to know the exact time, just contact me.

No comments: