} -->

Sunday, April 25, 2010

And the winners are...

I am happy to announce the 2010 Gold Toe Award recipients. 2010 has been a year of many firsts, the most important being the new list of winning categories for the Gold Toe Awards:

The 2010 Gold Toe Award Grand Champion goes to a charming little lad in London. Orson S. has raised the bar with his multi-media joke entry, dabbling in spoken sock and socktography.




    - Orson S.

Best Knock Knock Sock Sock Joke:
Knock knock.
Who’s there?
Sockrates.
Sockrates who?
It's just Sockrates.

- Carolee S.
London
UK

Best Sock Joke Americans Will Not Understand Without Explanation:
What did the lawyer say to her socks?
A: "I'll see you in court shoes!" (ba da bing! this joke is incredibly funny in England where such a thing as 'court shoes' exist and are smart shoes that a lady lawyer might wear)

- Liz D.
London
UK

Most Timely Sock Joke:
What’s been particularly volatile this year?
A: The sock market.

- Matt S.
London
UK

Best Short Essay about a Sock:
When I was growing up I only wanted one thing: a giant sock that I could wear. There were, I figured, lots of benefits to wearing just one giant sock. For one thing, it would be easy to get dressed: just jump into your sock, pull it up over your shoulders and, voila, time to go play. For my socksth, er, I mean sixth birthday, my parents got me that giant sock and was I ever a happy. I wore that sock every day and every night. Over the next several years I became a successful entrepreneur. I think my success is attributable to my wardrobe: I still wear a giant sock every day but now that I’m an adult I also have a giant shoe.

-Matt S.
London
UK

Best Sailor Sock Joke to Tell to all Your Sailor Friends:
Where do sailors leave their boating socks?
A: In the sockyard.

- John S.
London
UK

Best Sock Joke to Tell with a Sockney Accent:
What do you call a sock from the east end?
A: Sockney

- Montgomery S.
London
UK

Best Cat-in-Sock-on-the-Web Photo

- Alex B.
Saint Louis, MO
USA

Best Excuse for not Entering the Gold Toe Awards:
List of Excuses Why I Did Not Submit An Entry to the 2010 Gold Toe Awards:
Thought I had more time
Thought it had to be a picture
I don't have a camera
I forgot
I remembered, but then forgot again
I am watching the St. Louis Cardinals home opener
Now my dog needs to go out
I have no inspiration
I sprained my ankle
I miss Rick Ankiel
Lunchtime!
I am back, but uninspired
Socks are so last season
I really doubt I could beat a cute little baby
Well, I think I could beat a cute little baby but the judge is a little biased
Doubt the prize is that great
I never win anything anyway
I suck

- Amanda P.
Saint Louis, MO
USA
Thanks for the great response. Please stay tuned for the awards ceremonies.

No comments: