} -->

Friday, February 6, 2009

Bananacontamination


Some kids get a new lunch box every year. My mom didn't see the need for that (and I don't think overconsumption was even a word back then). She either painted the outside of our old boxes, or passed my brother's down to me, and mine down to my younger sister. One thing all of our lunch boxes had in common was the smell of bananas. It only took one banana, one day of bouncing around on metal surfaces and plastic thermoses before the smell was merged--forever. From that point on, every lunch was some sort of banana infusion: peanut butter and banana, pizza and banana, turkey and banana, bologna sandwich and actual banana and banana.

For years I've have a hard time putting bananas in any transporting unit without fear of bananacontamination. But today I found a banana holder that will not only keep the banana smells from bouncing around my purse or backpack, but also will keep it cozy and safe. Look out St. Louis, there's a new banana in tow.

Banana Holder

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a roommate that had a pan that he cooked everything in and never, ever did I see him clean this thing. I asked him one day "Pat, that's fucked up dude" (okay not really a question...) to which he replied "its all about the mixing of the flavors to bring out the new" so I think Pat would have liked the idea of the banana smell mingling and altering the contents of said lunch box.

But he was an island folk and those people just plain scare me.